“Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age and beyond color… straight to the mind and heart of all people.” – Ben Harper
I really think that Ben Harper nailed it with that quote. Music can provide a feeling that is hard to match. It can have a euphoric effect on its listeners, it can spark nostalgia, and it can relieve the stress and anxiety that we all face at one time or another. Music can make you fall in love and heal broken hearts. It is a powerful drug.
Cannabis provides a lot of the same feelings as music. It can calm us down, lift us up, and we’ve all had that friend who time travels after they take a big hit from the bong.
Maybe that’s why music and marijuana go hand-in-hand?
We’ve curated a list of songs that are perfect to listen while you roll up a joint, sit back, and “Burn One Down.”
1. “Burn One Down” – Ben Harper
2. “Smoking Love” – Stick Figure
3. “This Joint” – Slightly Stoopid
4. “Roll it Up, Light it Up, Smoke it Up” – Cypress Hill
5. “Too High” Lil Dickey
6. “Bowl for Two” – The Expendables
7. “Collie Man” – Slightly Stoopid
8. “Smoke Two Joints” – Sublime
9. “Hits from the Bong” – Cypress Hill
10. “Medication” – Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley ft. Stephen Marley
11. “How High” – Method Man & Redman
12. “Kaya” – Bob Marley
13. “Marijuana” – Kid Cudi
14. “Mount Kushmore” Snoop Dogg ft. Redman, Method Man, B-Real
15. “Hold it Now, Hit It” – The Beastie Boys
So, this is our list. We would love to hear what you listen to while smoking. Name your favorite songs in the comments below.